Most Powerful Writing Tool Ever Invented

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Bad Me

I haven't updated this blog since way back in July 2007! Wow.

My last post stated that I was about to start Book 3 in the Wheel Of Time series, and I did that, and went on to read Book 4 and half of Book 5. Then football season started. I know, I know.

At the end of December 2007 I read The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom. I liked it. I was cleverly written and a nice story that I was actually able to identify with, considering that my father not only served in WWII, but also was once a Carnie. (I even met a couple that had a knife throwing show at the carnival. That was exciting, for a little kid.) But, as nice as the book was, I wasn't motivated to run out and get more books by Albom.

Last week I read Your Broke Because You Want To Be by Larry Winget, who is a master at restating everything we already know when it comes to being responsible with our money. But, he does it in a no-punches-held-back style. Overall, I liked the book, but once again, I won't be running out to buy anything else he's written.

Right now I'm reading The Strange Case Of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde by R. L. Stevenson. I love the way Stevenson writes, and especially liked Treasure Island. I should have finished this book last night considering it's length - 84 pages - but, I found something else to distract me. I'll be done with it today, I'm sure.

I have a serious amount of books waiting to be read, not to mention the rest of the Wheel Of Time series, but I'm always motivated by what Nessie is reading, so we'll see what I read next.

No comments: